Pulse First Aid conducts First Aid training under the auspices and in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in Remote or Isolated Site
Remote First Aid Course
Providing a lifesaving first aid response in a remote or isolated site where medical assistance may be delayed or evacuation is required, requires specific instruction and practical training.
The course teaches preparation for first aid emergencies based on the site and in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
You will learn to assess a casualty, providing safety, contacting and relaying initial and concise information to assist emergency services to your location, undertaking triage for multiple casualties and providing ongoing care.
Instruction on basic first aid and CPR will be provided, as well as treatments specific to remote conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and managing a casualty in shock.
The course covers completing incident documentation and debriefing, recognising areas for improvement, psychological impacts, the potential need for stress management and support, and seeking help as required.
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID013 – Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Face-to-face min. duration: 960 minutes
Online with face-to-face min. duration: 360 minutes
Course Fees and Payments
The fee for this course is $200
Practical scenarios and performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Manage a casualty with hyperthermia
- Simulated scenario – First aid response in a remote site (plan and prepare for a remote trip, conduct a basic triage, coordinate an evacuation)
- Complete a planning and equipment checklist
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
Frequently asked questions
What is a USI?
USI (Unique Student Identification)
This is a new Government requirement. Your Unique Student Identifier (USI) will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from January 1 2015 onwards. Applying for your own USI number is relatively easy to complete.
To apply for a USI is quick and easy. Go to www usi.gov.au.
Step by step instructions on how to gain your USI number can be downloaded by clicking here.
For more information about the the USI go to: https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook#USI
Can I change the date once I've booked?
Yes. Look at the calendar and see what course you would like to change to, then send us an email using the contact form and we will send you a new invitation for the new date.
There is no additional cost to make this change this change.
What if I don't see a date for the course I want to book?
If you'd like to attend a course, but there is no date scheduled you should contact us using the contact form and let us know which course interests you. Often we have had other enquiries about the same course and are able to schedule a date that suits.
For more FAQs go here.