HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with a real-life situation, particularly in an education and care setting.
This course has been developed for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. It is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines.
During training you will gain the confidence and ability to recognise an emergency situation, identify hazards and make them safer, and provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
You will also learn the importance of recognising the possible psychological impacts on self, other rescuers and children, talking with children
Important information prior to enrolment
Provider of training and assessment
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 Pulse Training.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a Pulse First Aid Training training
NEW COURSE DELIVERY METHOD
Online Training with Face to Face Assessment
Study conveniently and safety online and attend a short practical assessment.
Small groups of 1-4 students.
Self paced online learning with a scheduled 90 minutes face to face practical assessment.
Contact us by phone or email to enquire.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 8 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2-hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
The fee for this course is $170
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
- Participants must have the physical capacity to establish and maintain first aid facilities.
- Participants must be able to use a computer t conduct research on the internet.
- Participants must be able to perform 2 minutes of CPR on the floor.
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Performance tasks – The assessor will observe you demonstrating the following:
- Infant CPR
- Adult/child CPR & defibrillation
- Anaphylaxis & epi pen
- Asthma & medication
- Written incident report
- Head injury
- Turn a casualty on his/her side
- Bleeding control & shock
- Pit for snake/spider bite
- Rice for sprain
- Bandage & sling for fracture
- Verbal report, debrief and evaluate
Research relevant websites to locate First Aid Codes of Practice and answer written questions
Complete a written first aid response plan form
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. You must complete all assessment questions.
Frequently asked questions
What is a USI?
USI (Unique Student Identification)
This is a new Government requirement. Your Unique Student Identifier (USI) will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from January 1 2015 onwards. Applying for your own USI number is relatively easy to complete.
To apply for a USI is quick and easy. Go to www usi.gov.au.
Step by step instructions on how to gain your USI number can be downloaded by clicking here.
For more information about the the USI go to: https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook#USI
Can I change the date once I've booked?
Yes. Look at the calendar and see what course you would like to change to, then send us an email using the contact form and we will send you a new invitation for the new date.
There is no additional cost to make this change this change.
What if I don't see a date for the course I want to book?
If you'd like to attend a course, but there is no date scheduled you should contact us using the contact form and let us know which course interests you. Often we have had other enquiries about the same course and are able to schedule a date that suits.
For more FAQs go here.