Pulse First Aid conducts First Aid training under the auspices and in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set
Occupational First Aid Course
This course is appropriate for people who are either employed in, or intending to become employed in, nominated occupational first aider roles. It is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority requirements, safe work practices, and first aid code of practice.
The course provides simulated real-life scenarios for a set of skills to provide advanced first aid, oxygen therapy, advanced resuscitation, ongoing monitoring and care after treatment, handover of the casualty to emergency services and incident debriefing or evaluation to improve future operations, address individual needs recognising psychological impacts and seeking help as required.
Participants learn to develop and maintain first aid action plans in consultation with relevant parties, undertake a risk assessment to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in a workplace environment, follow manufacturer’s instructions and complete documentation including checklists for stocking and maintaining equipment such as resuscitation and oxygen equipment and first aid kits.
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTSS00068 – Occupational First Aid Skill Set
- HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID016 – Manage first aid services and resources
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Face-to-face min. duration: 1440 minutes
Online with face-to-face min. duration: 480 minutes
Course Fees and Payments
The fee for this course is $700.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
Perform CPR on an adult (incl. single and two-rescuer CPR, using a bag-valve-mask, select and insert an appropriate airway adjunct, manage oxygen equipment and use an AED to deliver at least one shock)
Place a casualty into the recovery position
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on a simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed and provide oxygen
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed scenario
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Conduct a workplace risk assessment
- Develop a first aid response plan including strategies for management of incidents
- Use a first-aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies’ replacement and equipment maintenance
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
Frequently asked questions
What is a USI?
USI (Unique Student Identification)
This is a new Government requirement. Your Unique Student Identifier (USI) will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from January 1 2015 onwards. Applying for your own USI number is relatively easy to complete.
To apply for a USI is quick and easy. Go to www usi.gov.au.
Step by step instructions on how to gain your USI number can be downloaded by clicking here.
For more information about the the USI go to: https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook#USI
Can I change the date once I've booked?
Yes. Look at the calendar and see what course you would like to change to, then send us an email using the contact form and we will send you a new invitation for the new date.
There is no additional cost to make this change this change.
What if I don't see a date for the course I want to book?
If you'd like to attend a course, but there is no date scheduled you should contact us using the contact form and let us know which course interests you. Often we have had other enquiries about the same course and are able to schedule a date that suits.
For more FAQs go here.