Pulse First Aid conducts First Aid training under the auspices and in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID014 & HLTAID015 Advanced First Aid And Resuscitation Course Course Set
Challenging situations, such as multiple casualty incidents, having to move or extricate casualties, or treating potentially fatal illnesses and injuries are high risk. It is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident. This course provides practical simulated real-life situations to learn and gain the confidence to coordinate and manage a response and provide advanced first aid in line with legal, community and workplace considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies until emergency services arrive.
This course includes instruction on first aid and CPR, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, managing a casualty in shock and providing oxygen in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings. Simulated real-life situations will be used to develop the skills and knowledge for using and maintaining specialised equipment for the provision of first aid, resuscitation, and oxygen therapy.
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by Pulse First Aid Training.
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Face-to-face min. duration: 1080 minutes
Online with face-to-face min. duration: 480 minutes
Course Fees and Payments
The fee for this course is $300
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of bag-valve-masks, oxygen equipment, an AED and placing the casualty into the recovery position )
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with life-threatening bleeding and provide supplemental oxygen
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Complete two separate incident report forms
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Frequently asked questions
What is a USI?
USI (Unique Student Identification)
This is a new Government requirement. Your Unique Student Identifier (USI) will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from January 1 2015 onwards. Applying for your own USI number is relatively easy to complete.
To apply for a USI is quick and easy. Go to www usi.gov.au.
Step by step instructions on how to gain your USI number can be downloaded by clicking here.
For more information about the the USI go to: https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook#USI
Can I change the date once I've booked?
Yes. Look at the calendar and see what course you would like to change to, then send us an email using the contact form and we will send you a new invitation for the new date.
There is no additional cost to make this change this change.
What if I don't see a date for the course I want to book?
If you'd like to attend a course, but there is no date scheduled you should contact us using the contact form and let us know which course interests you. Often we have had other enquiries about the same course and are able to schedule a date that suits.
For more FAQs go here.